This Week - 12/11/2009
Thirty Seconds to Mars' new album 'This Is War' was released worldwide this past Tuesday and is #1 on iTunes Alternative Albums and #2 Overall on iTunes. The guys were in Los Angeles at The Hive to do an acoustic performance, meet with fans, and sign autographs.
We are also encouraging everyone to follow the 12 Steps to Mars which can be found below. These will enable the Echelon to work together and bring awareness to Thirty Seconds to Mars and the new album This Is War.
1. Tell 10 people OFFLINE about the band who have never heard of us before. Let us know what they think.
2. Tell 10 people ONLINE about the band who have never heard of us before. Let us know what they think.
3. Send 10 people a link to K+Q who have never heard it. Stream it or embed it on any of your personal social networking sites.
4. Share the DRAGON AGE trailer with everyone you know. Host it on your social networking site, post it on video game blogs, music blogs, forums for similar bands, etc.
5. Hand out THIS IS WAR stickers, flyers, window clings.
6. Stencil busy areas, sidewalks and streets with the pyramid symbol. Look for high-traffic areas.
7. Call, text and email your local radio station. Get your family and friends to as well. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!
8. Spread the word and place links to content, songs, trailers etc in other band message boards, comments sections of articles about similar bands, as well as the comments sections of friends and bands social networking sites.
9.Tell everyone you know about the pre-order on MusicToday that includes an exclusive live chat with the band day of release.
10. Make your status on your social net site Thirty Seconds to Mars related (aim, twitter, bb, etc) i.e. "THIS IS WAR"
11. Share pics and your reviews of shows post it to FB Notes or MySpace Blog. Tag your friends!
Click to Download Full Size .pdf
Print Out Poster
Click here to Download the full size poster
Follow the guys on Twitter
@jaredleto - @ShannonLeto - @tomofromearth
Weekly Picks From the Band
Book of the Week
The Beach by Alex Garland is about backpackers in Thailand. Influenced by such literary works as Heart of Darkness and Lord of the Flies, it describes the adventures of a young Englishman in search of a legendary, idyllic beach untouched by tourism.
Movie of the Week
Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse is a 1991 award-winning documentary about the making of the film Apocalypse Now. Using behind the scenes footage, and narrated by Eleanor Coppola, it chronicles how production problems including bad weather, actors' health and other issues delayed the film, increasing costs and nearly destroying the life and career of Francis Ford Coppola.
Album of the Week
Sigur Rós - ( )
(spoken as "Brackets" or "Parentheses") is the third full-length album from Icelandic band Sigur Rós, first released in October 2002. It comprises eight untitled tracks, divided into two parts: the first four tracks are lighter and more optimistic, while the latter four are bleaker and more melancholic.
Website of the Week
HappyCow's Compassionate Eating Guide to Restaurants and Health Food Stores is a free worldwide guide created to assist travelers and people everywhere find vegetarian and healthy food options.
Food of the Week
Whole Foods - United States, Canada, UK
Check Website for Local Store Hours